sbaz compiler packages doubts

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sbaz compiler packages doubts

griba2010
Hi!

There is some confusion with the compiler packages names.

The bootstrap sbaz-boot.zip file comes with version 2.0.5795 at the moment with files named scala,
scalac, scala-compiler.jar, ... without suffixes.

Then there are some scala2, scalac2, scala2-library packages that install files scala2, scalac2,
scala2-compiler.jar, .. with the "2" suffix.

After sbaz "available" pkg listing I thought that maybe scala1 was on the boot package which I
realized it was not the case.

Which are the official file names ?

-----------------------------------------

I have seen that the eclipse plugin compiler includes scala-library-src.jar  with sources probably
for mixin use

but I have not seen this library on any sbaz package ?

Is the sources library needed for compiling on scala2 like sources were needed for scala1 ?

-----------------------------------------

I am on windows (xp pro).

scala.bat does not work after sbaz-boot install, because java cannot find the working app classes,
so for me it works after including '.' so

set _CLASSPATH=
if not "%_CLASSPATH%"=="" goto args

should be

set _CLASSPATH=.
if not "%_CLASSPATH%"=="." goto args

----------------------------------------------------------

On sbaz.bat  the lines

:exec
set _PROPS=-Dscala.home="%SCALA_HOME%"  ...

should be

:exec
set _PROPS=-Dscala.home="%_SCALA_HOME%"  ...

to use "_SCALA_HOME" as defined inside for Windows_NT as parent of batch file dir.

to avoid changing SCALA_HOME between the working scala compiler directory and the sbaz directory

-----------------------------------------------

Cheers!

Gabriel



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sbaz compiler packages doubts

griba2010

I am sorry, I should say "could be" instead of "should be".

I do not want to appear unpolite.

My language is not english and sometimes I dont employ the best words.


"Gabriel Riba" <[hidden email]> ha escrit en el missatge dels grups de
discussió:dtcq6f$2kd$[hidden email]...

> -----------------------------------------
>
> I am on windows (xp pro).
>
> scala.bat does not work after sbaz-boot install, because java cannot find the working app classes,
> so for me it works after including '.' so
>
> set _CLASSPATH=
> if not "%_CLASSPATH%"=="" goto args
>
> should be
>
> set _CLASSPATH=.
> if not "%_CLASSPATH%"=="." goto args
>

this way you can call scala.bat from the package base without problems.

> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> On sbaz.bat  the lines
>
> :exec
> set _PROPS=-Dscala.home="%SCALA_HOME%"  ...
>
> should be
>
> :exec
> set _PROPS=-Dscala.home="%_SCALA_HOME%"  ...
>
> to use "_SCALA_HOME" as defined inside for Windows_NT as parent of batch file dir.
>
> to avoid changing SCALA_HOME between the working scala compiler directory and the sbaz directory
>

if SCALA_HOME does not point to the sbaz dir. you get the message "<scala_home> does not appear to
be an sbaz managed directory" so using the code for _SCALA_HOME makes sbaz use without problems.

Cheers!

Gabriel.






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sbaz compiler packages doubts

Lex Spoon
In reply to this post by griba2010
The "2" suffixes were used during the beta.  We plan to make
Scala 2 the official Scala soon, so we are renaming everything back to
simply scala.bat, scala-library.jar, and so on.

The classpath chosen by scala.bat does not seem good for reasons other
than the one you mention: it does not properly handle classpath's that
override stuff from the bazaar, e.g. if you are developing a new
version of a package that has been previously published.  I also agree
that "." should be included in the normal class path, so long as there
is some way to turn off



> Is the sources library needed for compiling on scala2 like sources
> were needed for scala1 ?

I don't believe so.



[ SCALA_HOME versus _SCALA_HOME ]

Yes, there's a mismatch there, thanks!


-Lex