fixed schema2src package

Burak Emir
Hi there,

I have fixed the schema2src package, it does not attempt to write some
files named "<empy>" anymore, and should thus install on M$ win.

It also doesn't do as if it could handle XML schema (this is pretty much
work in progress). The dtd stuff works, and gives you
"runtime-xml-type-safety" and convenient constructors, as it should.

cheers,
Burak

--
Burak Emir

http://lamp.epfl.ch/~emir

Re: fixed schema2src package

Mathias Weyel
Burak Emir schrieb:

> Hi there,
>
> I have fixed the schema2src package, it does not attempt to write some
> files named "<empy>" anymore, and should thus install on M$ win.
>
> It also doesn't do as if it could handle XML schema (this is pretty
> much work in progress). The dtd stuff works, and gives you
> "runtime-xml-type-safety" and convenient constructors, as it should.
>
> cheers,
> Burak
Thanks a lot. I will provide you with some heavily commented xsd to
sketch out the features that I am using most. I think, a good bunch of
schema options could perhaps be omitted. Meanwhile be pointed towards
XmlBeans. They provide a generator that takes a xsd and generates
classes from it with a Beans-like API and strong types. The API
generated is a bit awkward at some places, but they provide a good
example on how to do things in Java. Of course, Scala can provide a much
more elegant and concise handling. Give me a quick notice when there is
something to test.

cheers

Mathias