Vim syntax highlighting

Stefan Matthias Aust
I created a syntax highlighting and auto indentation script for gvim
6.4. It was the first time, I looked into the internals of vim so it
might not be optimal, but in case anybody it interested, I've uploaded
the file to http://www.3plus4.de/scala/.

Actually, I was quite impressed about the powerful highlighting features
and especially auto indentation works quite well (and better as with the
current Eclipse plugin, if I may add... ;)

Stefan Matthias Aust

Re: Vim syntax highlighting

Stéphane Micheloud
Hi Stefan,

Did you check the following resource ?!

http://scalasvn.epfl.ch/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scala-tool-support/trunk/src/vim/

If not, can you please check (and possibly merge) both versions so
we can update the Scala SVN repository. Thank you in advance.

Bye
--S. Micheloud

Stéphane Micheloud schrieb:

> Did you check the following resource ?!
>
> http://scalasvn.epfl.ch/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scala-tool-support/trunk/src/vim/

Nope.

> If not, can you please check (and possibly merge) both versions so
> we can update the Scala SVN repository. Thank you in advance.

Luckily, that version is much more simplistic.  At the same time, it
follows a different strategy than my version.  I do not try to hilight
just keywords and some predefined set of types "AllRef Any AnyRef Array
None Some String" but try for example to be clever about are type and
what are not.  Therefore, I don't think there's much to merge.

However, feel free to check in my version.

Stefan Matthias Aust

Re: Vim syntax highlighting

Jamie Webb-3
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:28:49PM +0200, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
> I created a syntax highlighting and auto indentation script for gvim
> 6.4. It was the first time, I looked into the internals of vim so it
> might not be optimal, but in case anybody it interested, I've uploaded
> the file to http://www.3plus4.de/scala/.

Thanks for this. It's definitely more complete than the distributed
version. I've attached a diff which tweaks the XML support to
highlight tags and attributes and to use syntax nesting, removing the
need for the semicolon.

-- Jamie Webb

scala.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Vim syntax highlighting

Lex Spoon
Stéphane Micheloud <[hidden email]> writes:
> Hi Stefan,
>

> Did you check the following resource ?!
>
> http://scalasvn.epfl.ch/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scala-tool-support/trunk/src/vim/

After a standard Scala install, these are available at:

    misc/scala-tool-support/vim

Some other editor files are in there as well:

    a2ps     emacs  intellij  kate   scite    ultraedit  xcode
    context  gedit  jedit     latex  textpad  vim

It would be great to get Stefan and Jamie's improvements into the
source repository (and thus into the next release).  Someone has to
merge all these versions, though....

-Lex

Re: Vim syntax highlighting

Stéphane Micheloud
Stefan's Vim scripts will be part of Scala version 2.1.3
which should be released today :-)

Bye
--Stephane

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Stéphane Micheloud <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>>Hi Stefan,
>>

>>Did you check the following resource ?!
>>
>>http://scalasvn.epfl.ch/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scala-tool-support/trunk/src/vim/
>

> After a standard Scala install, these are available at:
>
>     misc/scala-tool-support/vim
>

> Some other editor files are in there as well:
>
>     a2ps     emacs  intellij  kate   scite    ultraedit  xcode
>     context  gedit  jedit     latex  textpad  vim
>

> It would be great to get Stefan and Jamie's improvements into the
> source repository (and thus into the next release).  Someone has to
> merge all these versions, though....
>

> -Lex

Stephane Micheloud                                  Tel: +41 21 693 7593
EPFL - I&C - LAMP                                   Fax: +41 21 693 6660
IN BC 346
Station 14                                http://lamp.epfl.ch/~michelou/
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland         mailto: [hidden email]