Sbaz reference manual

Lex Spoon
I've posted a reference manual for Scala Bazaars.

        http://lamp.epfl.ch/~spoon/sbaz/

This is a place to document decisions about the system as they
accumulate.

Regards,

-Lex

Scala Eclipse Plugin Beta

sean.mcdirmid
Hi,

I'm happy to announce that our Scala Eclipse Plugin (2.1.0) is ready
for public beta testing.

The remote Eclipse update site from where the plugin beta can be
installed is located at http://lamp.epfl.ch/~mcdirmid/scala-plugin.
Installation is standard for an eclipse plugin: activate the Help/
Software Updates/Find and Install.../ menu, select the "Search for
new features to install" option, add a "New Remote Site" with the URL
http://lamp.epfl.ch/~mcdirmid/scala-plugin and whatever name you want
to give it, check this new update site, hit next, check the only
feature on this site, say yes to the license, ...., restart Eclipse.
The Scala Eclipse plugin is completely self contained, and no other
downloads or installation steps are required. Conversely, there is no
way to get the Scala plugin to use a pre-existing Scala distribution.

IMPORTANT: the plugin currently works under  Eclipse 3.2M4 with Java
1.5+. Any other Eclipse/Java configuration will not work at all.
Although platform/architecture should work, we have only tested under
X86 Linux, Windows XP, and Mac OS X.

After you have installed the plugin and restarted Eclipse, you can
activate the "Help/Help Contents" menu to look at the (very
incomplete) Scala Development Tool documentation. The only
documentation pages currently available is a "Getting Started" page
and an "Issues" page. The getting started page will explain how to
use the plugin to create and develop a Scala project. The "Issues"
page lists known issues that exist in the plugin. Please take a look
at both pages before reporting bugs.

This release of the Scala plugin includes the following features:

* An integrated incremental builder that conservatively recompiles
Scala source files when the Scala source files that they depend on
change.

* Integrated display of compiler errors

* An editor with the following features:

-- Syntax highlighting
-- Text hover to display inferred type information and Scala-doc
documentation (if any)
-- Hyperlink navigation to definition of symbol
-- Content assist
-- Content outline

Please see the documentation for more information on how to use these
features.

If you have any problems with the plugin, please send me email or
post to this list. To report a bug, please include the version number
of the plugin installed (currently @ 2.1.0, to check see "Help/About
Eclipse SDK/Plug-in Details"), and the .metadata/.log file from your
workspace.

Thank you,

Sean McDirmid
LAMP

RE: Scala Eclipse Plugin Beta

Judson, Ross
Sean -- fantastic work on the plugin!  Seems to work very nicely across
everything I've got.  I'll be back in Eclipse, where I belong... ;)

RJ

Re: Scala Eclipse Plugin Beta

Andrei Formiga
   I'm one more to congratulate the nice work on the plugin. Unless I
encounter serious errors, Eclipse will be my Scala development
platform from now on. Thank you.

--
[]s, Andrei Formiga